- Our Clubs
Mother's Day Favorites
We originally created the 2008 version of this wine to celebrate our 10th anniversary as a winery in 2010. With the exotic complexity and food friendliness of a white Rhone-style blend, it is a “red-drinker’s white,” a complex alternative to the more one-dimensional white varietal wines like Chardonnay and Sauvignon blanc. It is the perfect complement to its namesake shellfish, as well as chicken or pork dishes with buttery-creamy sauces. *Coquille is pronounced “ko-keel” and it is French for shellfish or scallop, like the scallop shells on the Shelton family coat of arms.
Exotic nose of spicy pears and white peaches, almond paste/marzipan, a touch of honeysuckle perfume. Multi-dimensional (many layers), a hard-to-describe range of aromatics, intriguing, almost mysterious! In the mouth it is crisply dry yet creamy and round and full-bodied, with nice almond paste on crisp-yet-juicy pear fruit.
100% Primitivo from 35-50 years old, low-yielding vineyards in Manduria, most planted with the “alberello” (small bush) system and thus hand-tended and harvested. Fermented in temp-controlled stainless steel tanks with 2 week of maceration with the skins, and aged 12 months in French oak (Allier) barriques. Released on the market after additional 6 months of bottle aging.
The carefully hand-harvested clusters from Produttori’s old Primitivo vines are used to craft their Riserva, called Elegia.
Dark ruby red, with garnet hues. It opens with notes of ripe blackberry and raspberry, followed by intense aromas of plum and cherry jam well blended with hints of fine spices and eucalyptus. A poised and focused Riserva, offering the quintessential features of the Primitivo grape: a compact, solid body, robust, well-polished tannins and an elegantly dry finish.
Sunbaked aromas of raisin, baked blackberry and warm earth are not exactly fresh and popping. In the mouth, this full-bodied Bobal rambles at maximum weight. Cassis, raisin and licorice flavors finish warm and with the essence of desiccated black plum and supporting oak. 100% Bobal
A zesty blend from our three mountain vineyards at 1000 to 1700 ft overlooking Chiles Canyon. Dark cherry and raspberry flavors with tinges of bay leaf and clove. Accompanies wood grilled vegetables and marbled meats.
"On the red side, Green & Red has been a leader among California Zinfandel producers since its start in 1977. Zinfandel does well in the iron-rich soil of Napa's Chiles Valley district, resulting in zesty red with peppery details, like the version highlighted here...." [90 Points] -Wine Spectator
The 2018 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay reinforces the impression that has been building over the past two vintages about this blend’s potential. We winnowed down the outside fruit to less than 20% and kept total production small at 550 cases. The remaining 80% of the blend is Chardonnay grown on our Estate vineyard and the structure and profile of the Sonoma CoastChardonnay is very much one of a Peay Estate Chardonnay. The nose is floral and powerful. Some baked pear and apple notes sit deep in the bottom of the glass.
"The 2018 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast opens delicately with hints of green pears, white blossoms, saline and stone with wafts of lemon peel. The palate is light-bodied, tangy, uplifted and mineral-driven with a linear feel and precise finish." 90 points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate