- Our Clubs
Chambers and Chambers
VINEYARD: The Colombini Vineyard is a mid-century planting that was installed by Charlie Barra in 1942. Still in production, the Carignane block, off Road I in the Redwood Valley, is a bench land site that contains a diverse mix of Pinole series soils – a well-drained gravely mixture of clay with sedimentary materials. The 10 acre planting has been farmed by the Colombini family since the 1970s and has contributed to everything from sacramental wine to vineyard designated bottlings. Darin Colombini (2nd Generation) is the guiding hand that tends to the vines each year.
WINEMAKING: The handling was gentle, performing no more than two punch downs per day. It was apparent from the beginning that this wine would be special given the juice’s neon-magenta/blackened appearance which provided visual evidence of the potential and forced a delicate hand. The fragrant fermentation lasted a total of 18 days.
AGING: Wine was laid to rest for 12 months in 2 demi-muids. Both vessels were then racked and combined just 3 days prior to bottling.
Chambers and Chambers
Liberty is a unique collaboration resulting from the experience of two winegrowing friends who have dared to go back to basics. In the vineyard, they freely explored their outstanding terroir off the beaten track, and transformed their emotions into a unique experience. Liberty means not only the freedom to do as you wish, but also the freedom to reveal who you really are.
VARIETAL COMPOSITION: 55% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 12% Mourvedre, 10% Cinsault, 5% Carignan.
From two historic Mendocino County Vineyards -- one with 70 year old, dry farmed Carignan (93%) pitched on an exposed, rocky slope at 2,400 feet; the other with 75+ year old Valdiguie (7%) farmed on clay soils in a cool, upland valley. These rapidly vanishing California grape varieties harken back to the Golden State's earliest winemaking efforts.
All fruit was hand harvested in late September. It was foot tread and fermented beneath a 'submerged cap' on 100% whole clusters during an 18-day fermentation. It spent 10 months in neutral oak before bottling.
Aroma- Just picked blackberry, Italian plum, lavender
Flavor- mulberry, violette liqueur, chai spice
Pairings- bistro burgers, merguez sausages, pork shoulder tacos
Locations E-2 Spanish Red Wine is a blend of Grenache from Priorat, Rioja and Toro, Tempranillo from Rioja, and Carignan from Ribera del Duero and Carinyena. It has the same fermentation and upbringing as the French and Italian wines. Majestic, soaring black fruit aromas intermixed with forest floor, white flowers and kirsch emerge from this full-bodied, opulent, voluptuously textured red along with stunning richness and depth.
“... meaty notes reminiscent of some wines from the Northern Rhône. It’s a blend of 70% Cariñena and 30% Garnacha, similar to the 2018 Acustic from its sibling project in Montsant, with a similar aromatic profile but with some more rusticity and dustier tannins. This is also ripe but without excess, and it has juicy fruit and measured oak after 10 months in French oak barrels.” 90 Points Robert Parker
Lorenza is made by the mother and daughter team of Melinda Kearney and Michelle Lorenza Ouellet. Sourced from old vineyards planted to sandy soil in the delta of Lodi. the 2020 vintage is a blend of: 40% Mouvedre, 28% Carignan, 16% Grenache and 16% Cinsault. Notes of white peach, orange blossoms on the nose, deliver to the palate: layered flavors of cranberry, passion fruit, strawberries and tangerine. Yum.
Fresh aromatics of gooseberries and some floral notes lead into a crisp, but deep wine with ripe fruit and a crunchy, mineral follow through. Only 50 cs imported to the US. Organic & Biodynamic