Sottimano Barbaresco Fausoni
100% Nebbiolo from 45 year old vines. The fermentation and maceration on the skins normally takes about 40 days. No selected yeasts are used. The malolactic fermentation happens naturally in French barrels coopered expressively for Sottimano by Francois Frères in Burgundy. The wine stays in these barrels on the lees for approximately 24 months. 10% of the barrels used for aging this wine are new; the remaining 90% have previously been used up to 4 times. There is no filtering and no fining prior to bottling.
3 in stock